Okay, truth be told, this is probably My Personal Website v. 7864587634.o, but who’s counting? A couple of days ago I realized I hadn’t updated this place since March. MARCH. MAAARRRRRCH. I figured it was about time I did something about that since, you know, stuff has happened during those few months. MONTHS. Crap.
But my site was so hideous- well, maybe not hideous, but it was never anything close to what I wanted it to be- I could no longer stand it. So here we are. Streamlined, prettier, updated. As it should be.
- What’s been going on since we last spoke? Let’s see now. As always, Final Girl continues on apace.
- Most of my time and brain are taken up by Space Girls, my new webseries. I kind of love it. Actually, I really really really love it.
- I have a new weekly podcast/web radio show with Pretty/Scary‘s Heidi Martinuzzi, called The Scare-ening.
- Toosday Toons has been resurrected yet again; its new home is AfterEllen. New strips appear on…wait for it…Tuesdays.
- I just directed a short film called Itch. I’ll tell you more about it when the time is right, but here’s what I’ll tell you now: it’s the first film I’ve directed that I didn’t write. Working for other people! Working with a crew! How strange. You can read a bit more about it in this wee mention at Slammed & Damned. Meanwhile, I’m about to dig into editing it.
- “BUT WHAT THE FUCK ABOUT LUDLOW??” Dude, I know. I KNOW. I’m waiting on the score. Gotta get it, edit it in, and that movie will finally be done. I can’t wait. I have no idea what I’ll do with it once its finished, but I’m sure I’ll come up with something.
- My short film Taste of Flesh, Taste of Fear has been making the rounds at a few festivals, which I find very exciting. It’ll be playing Los Angeles at the Viscera Film Festival on July 17. You should go if you can. Or you can always buy a copy and have a film festival in your living room.
I’m sure there’s lots more going on, but that’s all I can think of for now. I’m just trying to find the time to do all the things I want to do. Most of that is making stuff, yes, but then there’s also video games, reading, and playing with cats. As always, I need a damn haircut.
Meanwhile, take a look around the new digs. There’s probably some sketch cards or something you haven’t seen. I also posted a very small gallery of my inks. I’m not quite sure why, but they’re there. Sometimes I miss inking comics.
Anyway. I’ll be back soon.